I do not move...

My Passion

The title of my blog is a tribute to my passion. From the virtual battlefields of Call of Duty, to air soft skirmishes in the dead of night, to firing real sniper rifles at targets, I am fascinated with the arts of subterfuge, camouflage, incredible accuracy with a rifle, and of course the sniper's motto, "one shot, one kill." The title of my blog is a quote from the movie, based on a true story, Enemy at the Gates, the ultimate tale of two World War Two snipers, one Soviet, the other Fascist, engaged in an epic battle over the remains of war torn 1942 Stalingrad.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Ghillie Suit Plans

The Ghillie project has regained steam. I will be getting the parts tomorrow, and this time instead of hand sewing the whole thing, I will be using a sewing machine, significantly reducing the time and labor required for the manufacturing process. More big news is of the addition of a Romanian PSL to my gun collection. Similar in appearance to the Soviet SVD, the PSL is capable of accuracy comparable to the SVD, (about 1.5 moa) and I have achieved this size of group with Russian factory ammunition, no rest, and a Cold War era scope. Needless to say the rifle itself is probably capable of better accuracy. Sure wish I could get my hands on some 7.62x54r reloading equipment....

No comments:

My Favorite Sniper Rifles (Dream Team)

My Favorite Sniper Rifles (Dream Team)
Arctic Warfare Super Magnum-.338 Lapua

M40A3-7.62x51 NATO

M82A1-.50BMG

PSG-1-7.62x51 NATO

Dragunov SVD-7.62x54r

Which on My Dream Team is Your Favorite Sniper Rifle?

My Top 5 Favorite Movie Sniper Moments

  • 1. Movie: Saving Private Ryan, The Shot: When the christian sniper puts a 30-06 round through the scope and in the eye of the German sniper
  • 2. Movie: Enemy at the Gates, The Shot: When the German sniper shoots the Russian accompanying Vassili in mid-air as he leaps a gap to relocate.
  • 3. Movie: We Were Soldiers, The Shot: The sniper is not seen, but in the opening scene the contents of a French Officer's skull are splattered on the face of the Private next to him.
  • 4. Movie: Enemy at the Gates, The Shot: Vassili, armed with a stripper clip of 7.62x54r, defeats five Nazis by timing his shots to coincide with explosions in the background.
  • 5. Movie: Jarhead, The Shot: This one isn't even in the movie. In special features there is an alternate scenes section in which the main character makes an incredibly long shot with an M40A3 that he was not allowed to take in the movie, ending in a great "pink mist".